News, Football, Athletics

Bowl Opened Up to Gold Pass Holders

All Gold Pass ticket holders are eligible to receive a free ticket to Boston College football’s 2013 bowl game upon request, according to an announcement from the athletic department last night.

All Gold Pass ticket holders are eligible to receive a free ticket to Boston College football’s 2013 bowl game upon request, according to an announcement from the athletic department last night. The Eagles will face Arizona in the AdvoCare V100 Bowl on Tuesday, Dec. 31.

The game is set to take place at Independence Stadium in Shreveport, La. at 12:30 on ESPN. BC is returning to a bowl game for the first time since the 2010 season, and the University is responsible for an allotment of postseason tickets.

The BC Athletics website links to travel packages-including hotel accommodations and transportation services-in addition to announcements of fan-fest events. There are currently no student-specific travel options.

Each team holds an overall record of 7-5, and the Arizona and BC offenses both boast Doak Walker finalists as well as Heisman Trophy candidates in the backfield. BC’s Andre Williams and Arizona’s Ka’Deem Carey are ranked first and second, respectively, in total rushing yards.

“We are thrilled to play in the AdvoCare V100 Bowl, be able to compete for our eighth win and to have a chance to compete against a great opponent like Arizona,” Addazio said in a statement. “It’s an exciting time at Boston College. This is a game that highlights our season and it’s a reward for becoming bowl eligible and competing at a higher level.”