Sports

ROUNDUP: Swimming Competes at ACC Championships, Men’s Tennis Struggles

On Wednesday, the Boston College men’s swimming and diving season culminated at the ACC Championships in Greensboro, N.C. The first night of a four-day event consisted of the 200-meter medley relay and the 800-meter freestyle relay.

Despite finishing last in the race 200-medley relay race, the BC relay team composed of Sean Murphy, Andrew Stranick, Timothy Benage, and Dan Kelly set a school record with its time of 1:29.20. The anchor Kelly had a personal time of 18.90.

BC’s Nick Henze, Matthew Zerweck, Drew Cuttic, and Anthony Richardson finished 10th out of 10 participants in the 800-freestyle relay, and by day’s end, the Eagles sat 60 points behind the leading Wolfpack.

In tennis action, the BC men’s squad traveled south to Providence on Tuesday to take on Brown University, where the Bears handled the Eagles en route to a 6-1 victory. Brown’s Justin To scored a win in the No. 1 singles match against BC’s Philip Nelson in three sets: 6-4, 6-7 (6), 6-3.

BC got a victory from senior Jonathan Raude in the No. 2 singles battle over Gregory Garcia, but it would go on to drop the next four matches in straight sets.

The Eagle team of Nelson and freshman Aiden McNulty took down Brown’s top doubles team by a score of 8-3, but the Eagles couldn’t compete in either of the other two doubles matches and conceded those by a score of 8-2 and 8-4.