Arts, On Campus

This Weekend In Arts: March 20-23

Acapillowfight Cafe   
(Saturday 3/22, 7 p.m.)
The BC Acoustics is hosting a musical slumber party in Cushing 001. Clad in pajamas, the group will debut several new songs, skits, and freshman soloists. Admission is free.

‘Divergent’
(Ongoing)
Based on the bestselling novel by Veronica Roth and starring actress ShaileneWoodley, Divergent is an action-adventure film about a dystopia in which people are separated into factions based on their virtues. The movie opens this weekend.

‘For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf’
(Wednesday 3/19 to Sunday 3/23)
A play exploring various issues concerning black womanhood, For Colored Girls is being presented in the Bonn Studio Theater. Student tickets are sold out.

The Greatest Open Mic Night
(Thursday 3/20, 8 p.m.)
Chorduroy, the Music Guild, and Timmy Global Health at Boston College, an organization that works to educate and empower students around the world, are hosting an open mic night in the Vanderslice Cabaret Room. Admission is free, but donations to the non-profit are encouraged.

‘Permission to be Global’
(Ongoing)
Featuring the work of contemporary artists from across the Americas, the Museum of Fine Arts’ latest exhibit draws its pieces from the Ella Fontanals -Cisneros Collection and explores the idea of globalization. Admission is free with a BC ID.

Plexapalooza 2014: Featuring DJ Enferno
(Saturday 3/22, 9 p.m.)
DJ Enferno is headlining this year’s Plexapalooza event, sponsored by UGBC, on Saturday night. Tickets are $15 online through Robsham.

Stylus Presents: Franz Wright
(Thursday 3/20, 7 p.m.)
Pulitzer prize-winning poet Franz Wright will be reading some of his work, including pieces from the award-winning collection, Walking In Martha’s Vineyard, and answering questions in Devlin 101 on Thursday evening. Sponsored by BC’s literary magazine, Stylus, the event is free.