Arts, On Campus, Off Campus

This Weekend In Arts: Andy Grammar In Robsham, Free Concert At The Lawn On D, And More

1. Andy Grammar Concert

(Saturday 10/4, 9:45 p.m.)
The Boston College Community Activities Board is giving you a reason to keep your head up for the rest of the week—acoustic pop-rocker Andy Grammar is performing live on Saturday in Robsham with Juice. Tickets are $15.

2. Charli XCX Concert

(Saturday 10/4, 6 p.m.)
If you hear booms and claps coming from the Royale in Boston on Friday evening—it’s probably Charli XCX. General admission tickets for the pop singer’s concert are $23.25 through Ticketmaster.

3. Dancing With The Scholars

(Friday 10/3, 7 p.m.)
Representatives from BC leadership groups are paired with members of campus’s popular dance groups—including Sexual Chocolate, Fuego del Corazon, and Masti—for the Cape Verdean Student Associations Dancing With The Stars spin off competition. The event takes place in The Heights Room upstairs in Lower.

4. Sound of Our Town

(Saturday 10/4, 3 p.m.)
Listen for the Sound of Our Town in South Boston Saturday afternoon. The free concert, hosted at The Lawn on D, will feature a lineup of New England-based bands and serve as a platform for announcing the nominees of the 2014 Boston Music Awards. Festival goers will be given the chance to vote for their favorites on site. For more information and a list of featured acts, visit vanyaland.com—one of the curators of the event.

5. The Artist’s Voice

(Thursday 10/2, 7 p.m.)
As part of “The Artist’s Voice” program, Sheila Hicks is speaking at the Institute of Contemporary Art about her fiber sculptures featured in the museum’s new exhibit, which opened this week. Tickets are free and available on a first come, first served basis until two hours before the lecture.

6. UGBC Annual Boat Cruise

(Saturday 10/4, 9:45 p.m.)
UGBC is sponsoring its annual cruise—with food, refreshments, and dancing—on the Spirit of Boston this weekend. Buses to the harbor will be boarding at Eagles Nest until 10:15 p.m. Tickets are $27.75 online and need to be picked up from Robsham no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 3.

7. When I Grow Up

(Friday 10/3, 7:30 p.m.)
Join the Boston College Musical Theatre Wing for its fall comedy cabaret in the Bonn Studio Theatre. Tickets are free at the Robsham box office.

Featured Image Courtesy of Vanyaland.com