Arts, On Campus, Off Campus

This Weekend In Arts: Shwayze & William Bolton, Neil Patrick Harris Signs Books, And More

BC Street

(Friday 10/17, 10:45 a.m.)
The city of Boston comes to BC for RHA’s annual Street event, featuring free food from some of the city’s best eateries—including J.P. Licks and Real Deal—and performances from several campus a cappella and dance groups, such as Synergy and B.E.A.T.S.

Cosmic Loops

(Thursday 10/9, 6:30 p.m.)
Music comes to the Milky Way for the Museum of Science’s special planetarium concert, featuring vivid visuals of nebulas, galaxies, and constellations as well as a performance by four-time Grammy Award-winning cellist Eugene Friesen and double-neck guitarist Ian Ethan. Tickets are $15 at mos.org.

Dress With Respect Fashion Show

(Thursday 10/16, 7 p.m.)
UGBC and FACES are unmasking the issues surrounding offensive costumes with Thursday evening’s Halloween Fashion Show. The event will feature a showcase, an open discussion, and free food.

Harvard Square Ghost Tour

(Through Sunday 11/2)
Get in the fall spirit with Harvard Square’s Ghost Tour, taking place each Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night at 7:30 p.m. until the beginning of November. Tours gather in front of the Harvard Coop, near the Harvard Square T stop. Student tickets are $12, and reservations are required. See cambridgehistoricaltours.org for more info.

Neil Patrick Harris Signs Books

(Friday 10/17, 7 p.m.)
Friday evening at the Brookline Booksmith is going to be legendary—to promote the release of his new autobiography, Neil Patrick Harris of How I Met Your Mother will be at the Coolidge Corner store for an exclusive signing. Tickets are free with the purchase of the book. Call 617-566-6660 for more information.

Shwayze & William Bolton Concert

(Thursday 10/16, 7:30 p.m.)
Pack the Rat tonight for a free concert with California rapper Shwayze and William Bolton, formerly known as Times New Roman. Space is limited to the first 500 people.

Featured Image by John Wiley / Heights Editor