Arts

‘The Visit,’ Acapellafest, And Nick Jonas This Weekend In Arts

Acapellafest 2015

(Friday, 7 P.M.)

A capella forces unite! The Acoustics, BEATS, Bostonians, Heightsmen, and many more of Boston College’s a capella groups will gather at Robsham Theater this Friday for a night of merriment and song.

Death Cab for Cutie

(Friday, 7:30 P.M.)

Coming off of its latest album, Kintsugi, Death Cab for Cutie will be performing at the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion this Friday. Tickets can be purchased through the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion website.

Hispanic Heritage Month Ceremony

(Friday, 5 P.M.)

Come kick off Hispanic Heritage Month right with an opening ceremony in O’Neill Plaza this Friday. Merengue’s and El Pelon will provide catering for the event and there will be live Latin music performed by Grupo Efectivo.

Juice and Will Bolton @ Middle East

(Thursday, 7 P.M.)

Juice, alongside Kyle Thornton & The Company and Will Bolton, will be performing at the Middle East Restaurant & Bar this Thursday. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on Thursday, and can be purchased at Ticketweb.com.

Nick Jonas

(Thursday, 6:30 P.M.)

Former Jonas Brothers singer-songwriter Nick Jonas will be performing at the House of Blues in Boston this week. Tickets to see the teen heartthrob can be purchased through the House of Blues’ website.

The Perfect Guy

(Opens Friday)

Leah Vaughn, a reputable lobbyist in Washington D.C., finds herself in a passionate relationship with an extremely charming man, Carter. When Carter starts to show his true personality and Leah’s ex-boyfriend resurfaces, Leah must choose between the two men.

The Visit

(Opens Friday)

A seemingly harmless visit to grandma and grandpa’s house goes horribly wrong in M. Night Shyamalan’s latest film. Rebecca and Tyler notice that their grandparents aren’t the most conventional couple around and trouble only brews from there. Read the Heights review here.

Wolf Totem

(Limited Release)

In 1969, Chen Zhen, a Han Chinese university student, is ordered by the Chinese government to teach Inner Mongolian nomadic tribes the ways of modernity in Emperor Mao’s People’s Republic. Zhen finds, however, that modernity is not all it’s cut out to be. Read the Heights review here.

90 Minutes in Heaven

(Opens Friday)

Don Piper (Hayden Christensen) is pronounced dead after a horrific car accident launches him out of his car. About 90 minutes after his death, Piper is revitalized and claims to have spent time in Heaven and seen deceased relatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf69T0DUkuQ

Featured Image By John Wiley / Heights Editor