Football, Top Story

ESPN First Take Cancelled, SportsCenter Still On As Planned

Update: Sept. 17, 10:34a.m.: SportsCenter will be a 90-minute program on Friday, Sept. 18 with several, BC-centered segments planned for the show, according Andy Hall, Associate Director of Communications at ESPN. Lindsay Czarniak will host, joined by analysts Mack Brown, Tim Hasselbeck, and Robert Smith; ESPN’s Patriots’ beat reporter, Mike Reiss; and fantasy football analyst Cynthia Frelund. Jefferson and Allison Crowther will join the broadcast to honor their son, Welles, BC ’99, as part of BC’s Red Bandana Day in memorial of the 14th anniversary of the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. Czarniak will join Steve Addazio and the team on the Eagle Walk, including a one-on-one interview with the BC head coach. SportsCenter will begin outside of Conte Forum for the first hour of the program, before moving inside Alumni Stadium for the final half hour prior to the game.

Update: Sept. 12, 4:51p.m.: BC Athletics has confirmed that First Take will be cancelled. No specific reasoning has been given other than a scheduling conflict. SportsCenter will continue as planned.

Update: Sept. 11, 4:36p.m.: While SportsCenter has been confirmed by BC Athletics, First Take‘s status is now in doubt. BC Athletics has not confirmed the cancellation of First Take.

Update: Sept. 11, 11:42a.m.: Boston College will be hosting a special edition of SportsCenter at 6 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 18 near Gate E of Alumni Stadium.

–End of update–

Get ready, Superfans, your chance to shine on the national stage will begin shortly.

ESPN First Take will be filmed live from Gasson Hall on Friday, Sept. 18 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., prior to Boston College’s football game against Florida State University, according to BC Athletics. The live talk show stars ESPN pundits Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith, who engage in a roundtable debate with guest hosts on the current events in the world of sports. Although normally filmed in Bristol, Conn., the home of the sporting media giant, ESPN occasionally takes the show on the road for high-profile college sporting events.

Featured Image by Drew Hoo / Heights Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “ESPN First Take Cancelled, SportsCenter Still On As Planned”