Former Disney Stars Cyrus and Gomez In Singles This Week

Miley Cyrus, “Hands of Love”

Miley shows off her impressive vocal range in her new single, “Hands of Love.” Filled with a soothing piano back track, it hits full force when she is complemented by a full spectrum of instruments. It’s a refreshing change of pace for the often-maligned superstar as she keeps expanding her repertoire.

Mayday Parade, “Letting Go”

3 Stars

The third single off the band’s upcoming release Black Lines, “Letting Go” has Mayday Parade departing from its traditional punk-rock sound into a more “grown-up” one, which sounds remarkably Snow Patrol-like. Although a good effort, emulation often yields unsatisfying and uninspiring results. This is no different.

Selena Gomez, “Me & the Rhythm”

A song full of energy and optimism, “Me & the Rhythm” confirms Gomez’s place among the premier pop artists of our generation. The fast beat excites both the feet and the spirit—an instant party mainstay. Although devoid of any revolutionary features, the track leaves us wanting to listen again, and again.

Interscope Records

About Juan Olavarria 70 Articles
Juan Olavarria is the Metro Editor for The Heights. He is double majoring in Economics and Philosophy. He enjoys watching Liverpool FC and has to frequently remind himself to stop trying to defend the merits of a midfield diamond. You can follow him on Twitter at @Juan_Heights.