Arts

Bob Saget, Boston Ballet, and Sing It To The Heights This Weekend in the Arts

Bob Saget

(Friday at 7:15 P.M.)

Head to the Wilbur Theater to watch TV star Bob Saget perform his lively stand-up comedy act for a Boston crowd. Saget’s performance features shocking stories wholly contradictory to his established “good guy” stereotype.

Boston Ballet’s ‘Onegin’

(Now Playing)

This month, the Boston ballet explores all of the pain and passion associated with unrequited love. Based on Alexander Pushkin’s poem, John Cranko’s evocative ballet tells the tragic story of Eugene Onegin and his struggle with remorse and redemption.

Lisa Lampanelli

(Saturday at 7 P.M.)

Lisa Lampanelli brings her signature crass comedy to the Wilbur Theater this weekend. Grab tickets to experience comically controversial stylings of the Connecticut-born comedienne.

‘London has Fallen’

(Opens Friday)

Morgan Freeman and Gerard Butler star in this film about a murderous plot to take down the world’s most powerful leaders. The film is the fast-paced sequel to the 2013 film Olympus Has Fallen.

Sing It To The Heights

(Thursday at 7 P.M.)

Robsham Theater is your destination for the highly-anticipated event inspired by Fox TV’s American Idol. Get your tickets now for the 12th annual Sing it to the Heights competition.

The Who

(Monday at 7:30 P.M.)

As part of its rumored final tour, the popular English rock band will perform some of its smash hits at Boston’s TD Garden next week.

‘Whiskey Tango Foxtrot’

(Opens Friday)

Tina Fey stars as journalist Kim Baker in this smart new comedy set to the backdrop of a war-torn Afghanistan. The film is an adaptation of Barker’s experience as detailed in her memoir, The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

‘Zootopia’

(Opens Friday)

This family-friendly animated movie tells the tale of Judy Hopps, the first rabbit to join the police force protecting the bustling city of Zootopia. In order to prove herself, she must crack a difficult case and learn to work with her annoying partner-in-crime.

Featured Image By Walt Disney Studios