Arts, On Campus

‘Eye in the Sky,’ J’Ouvert, and My Mother’s Fleabag This Weekend in the Arts

Eye in the Sky

(Now Playing)

Complications arise when orders of a drone missile strike meant to thwart terrorist activity in Kenya go awry. Starring Helen Mirren, this drama/thriller fusion is a suspenseful film sure to keep audience members on the edge of their seats.

God’s Not Dead 2

(Now Playing)

When Grace Wesley gets into legal trouble with the school board after voicing her feelings regarding religion, the high school history teacher fights to justify her actions with the help of a determined young lawyer. This new drama asks profound questions about strength, courage, and identity.

J’Ouvert

(Saturday at 2 p.m.)

Join the Carribean Culture Club this Weekend on the Newton Campus for BC’s first annual J’Ouvert paint party. Join in on the fun and kick off the Caribbean carnival season with delicious food, fun Soca music, and a whole lot of dancing.

Meet the Blacks

(Now Playing)

Horror and comedy converge in this odd, R-rated film. When Carl Black suddenly acquires a large sum of money, he decides to move his family from Chicago to Beverly HIlls. What follows is a series of mysterious happenings and a plotline straight out of The Purge.

My Mother’s Fleabag Spring BIG Show

(Friday/Saturday at 10 p.m.)

The always-entertaining improv group is performing its annual Spring “Big Show” this weekend. Head over to the Vandy Cabaret room for some witty one-liners and hilarious skits at this free event.

Rihanna

(Sunday at 7 p.m.)

This R&B queen is coming to The Boston Garden this weekend to promote her critically acclaimed album Anti. To see Rihanna perform live, grab your tickets before they sell out!

Steve Martin and Martin Short

(Friday at 8 p.m.)

This weekend, the two comedy greats will get together to perform for a Boston audience at the Citi Performing Arts Center Wang Theater. The performance is expected to be an uproarious fusion of comedy, silly banter, and music.

The Boss

(Opens Friday)

In this highly anticipated new comedy, the hilarious Melissa McCarthy plays Michelle Darnell, the tough-as-nails business mogul with a knack for making money. When she gets arrested for insider trading, Darnell turns to Girl Scout cookie sales as a way to get back on top.

Featured Image By Entertainment One