Arts

Art in Bloom, BC Battle of the Bands, and Bostonians This Weekend in the Arts

Art in Bloom

(Friday-Monday)

This weekend, the Museum of Fine Arts will host a handful of New England’s greatest garden clubs and professional designers. Guests will follow an itinerary of speakers and classes as they browse arrangements inspired by some of the museum’s most beloved art pieces.

BC Battle of the Bands

(Thursday at 8 P.M.)

O’Neill Plaza is your place for BC’s ultimate singing showdown. From Funky Giant to William Bolton to everyone in between, BC bands will go head-to-head in order to claim the title of champion and secure a spot as opener for this year’s Modstock.

Bostonians Final Show

(Saturday at 7 P.M.)

Admission to the Bostonians’ highly anticipated Final Show is free this weekend—get there early to snag a good seat. Fulton 511 will host the co-ed a cappella crew as it sings covers of hit songs and says goodbye to four graduating members.

Common Tones Spring Show

(Friday at 7 P.M.)

This Friday in Gasson 305, the co-ed a cappella crew is happy to present its Spring Show, an energetic performance of popular music and a series of exciting song debuts. While the show is free, the Common Tones will be accepting donations for Camp Kesem.

Juice Album Release Concert

(Thursday at 9 P.M.)

Immediately following the final Battle of the Bands competition, the popular funk group will take the stage and play a full set in honor of its upcoming album release. Get to O’Neill Plaza for the opportunity to snag some great new music and awesome band merchandise.

‘Keanu’

(Opens Friday)

The dynamic duo known for their hit sketch comedy show Key & Peele are at it again with hilarious hijinks as they team up to catch a cat burglar on the move. When they discover that reclaiming the animal requires a lot more effort than they imagined, the two men bravely tread on, despite this dangerous job.

‘Mother’s Day’

(Opens Friday)

Starring Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts, and a handful of other stars, this sentimental dramedy follows the intertwining stories of a workaholic, a struggling divorcee, and a daughter who seeks to strengthen her relationship with her mother.

The Servant of Two Masters

(Friday at 7:30 P.M.)

The Boston College Theatre Department welcomes fans of comedy and jest to its weekend performance of The Servant of Two Masters. As the play’s quirky protagonist, Truffaldino is a perpetually hungry servant who takes his payment in meals. Eventually, his appetite spells trouble for him when he realizes that when it comes to taking on more responsibilities, he may have bitten off more than he can chew.

Featured Image By Warner Bros. Pictures