T-Pain Will Headline This Year’s Modstock

This year’s Modstock headliner will “Buy U A Drank.”

T-Pain, the man responsible for hits like “Bartender,” will be coming to Boston College as a part of this year’s Modstock festival. The College Activities Board released a video today announcing T-Pain’s performance in the Mod lot on May 5.

Tickets for the concert, which are free for students, will be available Friday, April 29. Seniors will have the first chance to get tickets from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Then, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., tickets will be available for all other grades. 3,500 tickets will be available on Friday, and 1,500 tickets will be handed out on Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. CAB locked down T-Pain for Modstock about three months ago, said Kevin Polman, director of live entertainment and CSOM ’17. T-Pain will bring a full band for his performance at BC.

This year, CAB is adding a “beach theme” to Modstock. The parking lot will have decorations and video screens depicting beach scenes.

The show at BC is just one stop on T-Pain’s college tour, on which he will also be performing at schools including Saint Anselm College and Oregon State University.

“When we reached out to him, he was super interested,” Polman said.

CAB hoped to get another artist to co-bill the concert this year, but was unable to follow through because of logistics, Polman said. In years past, CAB has recruited acts including Ludacris, Macklemore, and Hoodie Allen to perform in the Mod lot.

In picking artists to headline Modstock, the live entertainment division of BC has to consider pricing. In addition, the administration must approve CAB’s choice.

“When we go through our artist lists, we explore every possible artist that is reasonable and realistic,” Polman said.

The concert is planned to start at 3:30 p.m. on May 5, and T-Pain will go on stage at 5 p.m. The start time is still tentative, however, based on weather conditions.

Featured Image by Kelsey McGee / Heights Editor