Football Schedules Temple For Home-and-Home

Boston College Football

In the quiet days of summer, Director of Athletics Brad Bates has added another valuable non-conference opponent for Boston College football.

On Friday afternoon, the Eagles announced that they have scheduled a home-and-home series with Temple. The Owls will come to Alumni Stadium on Sept. 29, 2018, while the Eagles will travel to Philadelphia at Lincoln Financial Field on Sept. 18, 2021.

The two programs have played 37 times—BC holds a 28-7-2 advantage. Both schools played annually from 1982 to 2004, the last 15 seasons of that as rivals in the Big East Conference. The Eagles won the most recent game, a 34-17 victory in Philadelphia. BC’s non-conference schedule is now complete, as the Eagles will have games against Massachusetts and Holy Cross at Alumni Stadium, and West Lafayette, Ind., against Purdue.

Temple is also the former home of head coach Steve Addazio. In his first season in charge of the Owls, Addazio led Temple to a 9-4 year that included a 37-15 victory over Wyoming in the 2011 New Mexico Bowl. That was Temple’s last year in the Mid-American Conference. Temple’s return to the Big East, however, was not as good. The Owls amassed a 4-7 record and Addazio immediately left after the season to come to BC.

Featured Image by Emily Fahey / Heights Archive

About Michael Sullivan 259 Articles
Michael Sullivan is the editor-in-chief of The Heights. After shouting out this space to his mother for two years as sports editor, he'd like to give one to his dad. You can follow him on Twitter @MichaelJSully.