Pops Take on the Heights, Amy Schumer, and Green Day This Weekend in the Arts

heights arts

Amy Schumer

(Thursday at 7 P.M.)

One of America’s favorite comedians du jour is coming to TD Garden this weekend. Buy your tickets now for Schumer’s live stand-up show, featuring original jokes and creative social criticism.

Boyce Avenue

(Thursday at 6 P.M.)

This Thursday, the Florida-based band will bring its pop-alternative rock blend to the House of Blues. Boyce Avenue will play creative covers and original acoustic hits off of its new album for a Boston crowd.

Deepwater Horizon

(Opens Friday)

Based on true events that transpired on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010, this drama-thriller promises a high level of suspense and surprise. Mark Wahlberg produced and stars in this cinematic depiction of one of history’s biggest man-made disasters.

Green Day

(Saturday at 7 P.M.)

This weekend, the House of Blues will play host to the popular American punk rock band. Formed in 1986 by vocalist/guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong and bassist Mike Dirnt, Green Day will bring its angst-infused tracks to the Boston stage.

James Bay

(Saturday at 7:30 P.M.)

English singer/songwriter James Bay will entertain Boston’s biggest indie-rock fans with his original, emotion-heavy tracks. The “Let It Go” singer is expected to draw a large crowd to the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion for a truly passionate performance on Saturday.

Masterminds

(Opens Friday)

Funny guy Zach Galifianakis tries the action genre on for size with his new crime film, Masterminds. The comedian plays armored-truck driver David Ghantt, a man whose long-monotonous day job lands him in the midst of the heist of a lifetime.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

(Opens Friday)

Set in a fantasy realm of misfit children with magical peculiarities, this movie tells the unbelievable story of a boy whose special power will help save his new friends from danger. A film adaptation of Ransom Riggs’s bestselling novel of the same name, this new Tim Burton film is sure to surprise.

Pops on the Heights

(Friday at 8 P.M.)

This Friday night will start Parents’ Weekend off with a bang with a blend of classical and contemporary music. Held in Conte Forum, the annual event will feature the University Chorale and Broadway singer-turned-prominent actress Kristin Chenoweth.

Featured Image By Summit Entertainment

About Hannah McLaughlin 123 Articles
Hannah is the social media director for The Heights. She enjoys quality comedic television, takes her Irish Breakfast tea with milk and sugar, and argues that chocolate milk should be a staple at every self-respecting eatery. For a delightful melange of film critiques and '30 Rock' references, follow her on Twitter @hjmclaughlin