Vicetone, Bruno Mars, and Chainsmokers in Singles this Week

Mandatory Credit: Photo by MediaPunch/REX/Shutterstock (3580757b) Bruno Mars Bruno Mars in concert at the Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas, America - 16 Feb 2014

“Setting Fires” by Chainsmokers

stars3

“Setting Fires” ignites an impassioned defiance of a one-sided relationship through a coalition of pop and indie vibrations. The Chainsmokers’ new release joins the ranks of “Closer” and “Don’t Let Me Down” in their EP Collage and follows a trend of contagious dance beats. Vibrant techno sound-mixing and XYLO’s glassy vocals electrify the poignant lyrics of “Setting Fires,” producing another hit for the in-vogue DJ duo.

“Versace on the Floor”- Bruno Mars

stars4

Bruno Mars ventures into the realm of the ’90s in his new single “Versace on the Floor,” revitalizing the framework of dance-pop with a sensual twist. Mars’s light yet velvety voice, joined by a frisky keyboard, produces a swanky kind of ballad that will leave you wanting more.

“Kaleidoscope”- Vicetone ft. Grace Grundy

stars3.5

“Kaleidoscope” meshes surreal starkness with an addictive EDM sound to create a colorful hit. Grace Grundy’s whimsical, and at times haunting, voice upholds chimerical lyrics effortlessly, and the building transition from initially light piano chords to a thrilling beat drop ensures that Vicetone has produced the newest club jam.

Featured Image By Atlantic Records

About Barrette Janney 42 Articles
Barrette is the social media manager for The Heights. She is from Scottsdale, AZ, and she has a deep love for theatre, films, and so-ugly-they're-cute animals. She served as the Editorial Assistant on the 2017 Heights board, but she cannot wait to harness the newfound power of the 280-character tweet for The Heights in 2018.