Cashmere Cat, Los Campesinos!, and Romeo Santos in Singles This Week

Cashmere Cat ft. Camilla Cabello, “Love Incredible”

“Love Incredible” by Norwegian and electronic producer Cashmere Cat is part of her debut album Wild Love. It features a lackluster performance by ex-Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello, whose overexploited falsettos and poor songwriting fail to impress. Among many repetitive pop clichés, however, the song does show an experimental approach to electropop, for which Cashmere Cat and Cabello deserve at least some praise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8kkvQwShhM

Los Campesinos!, “Fall of Home”

LC!’s latest single, part of soon to be released Sick Scenes, shows the indie band in its brightest light. A clear break from their earlier work, “Fall Of Home” is a ballad full of both melancholy and optimism. Featuring open-hearted poetry and soothing strings, it talks about returning home and feeling you don’t belong anymore. “Fall of Home” is a charming tribute to nostalgia.

Romeo Santos, “Héroe Favorito”

Opening with “I’m planning your kidnapping / To steal your love”, Romeo Santos seems oblivious to the constant remarks of people on the Internet about his songs being too problematic (yes, it’s about rescuing her from an arranged marriage—but the girl’s preferences never show up). The lyrics of the song leave the listener wondering whether Santos was being serious when he released this song: “I wish I was the Hulk to protect you / Superman to show you the universe/If I was Batman, there would be no nights of fear / The Batcove, our little nest of love.” In addition to this intrigue, Santos’ bachata is undeniably catchy.

Featured Image By Arts & Crafts Records

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Cashmere Cat, Los Campesinos!, and Romeo Santos in Singles This Week”