On this episode…
- A look at Boston’s ‘Free Speech Rally,’ which drew tens of thousands of counter-protesters in a march to ‘Fight Supremacy!’ What it was like to be part of the crowd at the Common.
- Josh Behrens, a Boston College student who helped organize a group to attend the march, describes his experience of the day, and the Democratic Socialists of America club he has been growing at BC.
- Boston College’s effort to prevent the Grad Students Union from holding its scheduled election in mid-September.
- And ResLife permits Christmas spirit back into on-campus dorms year-round.
Some additional background reading…
- My article on the ‘Free Speech Rally,’ and a selection of shots from our photo editor, Julia Hopkins.
- The story from The Boston Globe on the Free Speech Rally back in May.
- Our coverage and editorial about the January Boston Women’s March.
- News editor Connor Murphy’s story on Boston College’s motion to stay the Grad Student Union’s election.
- Our 2001 article on BC’s limitation of Christmas lights to October 15 through January 15.
Other ways to listen…
On your iPhone, iPad, or other Apple device: here’s the link. You can also search “eagle-eyed” in the iTunes Store to listen and subscribe.
From your computer: Click play on the embedded player above. You can also navigate to bcheights.com/eagle-eyed to see the latest episodes.