‘Eagle-Eyed’: Boston’s ‘Free Speech Rally’ and BC’s DSA

For the first episode of Eagle-Eyed, we took a look back at one of the most significant events in Boston this summer: the ‘Free Speech Rally.’

On this episode…

• A look at Boston’s ‘Free Speech Rally,’ which drew tens of thousands of counter-protesters in a march to ‘Fight Supremacy!’ What it was like to be part of the crowd at the Common.
  • Josh Behrens, a Boston College student who helped organize a group to attend the march, describes his experience of the day, and the Democratic Socialists of America club he has been growing at BC.
  • Boston College’s effort to prevent the Grad Students Union from holding its scheduled election in mid-September.
  • And ResLife permits Christmas spirit back into on-campus dorms year-round.

Some additional background reading…

Other ways to listen…

On your iPhone, iPad, or other Apple device: here’s the link. You can also search “eagle-eyed” in the iTunes Store to listen and subscribe.

On your Android device: Click here to listen and subscribe via Google Play, or here to listen via the RadioPublic app.

From your computer: Click play on the embedded player above. You can also navigate to bcheights.com/eagle-eyed to see the latest episodes.

We’d love your feedback on one of our first ventures into broadcast journalism. Send us an email at [email protected]. Tweet me at @AlecGreaney. Find us at McElroy Commons, Room 113.

About Alec Greaney 93 Articles
Alec is the host of Eagle-Eyed, the editor-in-chief of The Heights Newsletter, and the A1 editor for The Heights. The fact you're reading this means he didn't break the site during his tenure running the internet. You can follow Alec on Twitter @AlecGreaney.