Selena Gomez, Cam, and Theory of a Deadman in Singles This Week

“Wolves” – Selena Gomez

“Wolves” is the newest single from Selena Gomez. She is joined by Marshmello for the more electronic aspects of the song. “Wolves” begins with a verse of vocals subtly backed by soft guitar plucking. As the song progresses, more instruments are added until the chorus kicks in. “I’ve been running through the jungle / I’ve been running with the wolves / To get to you, to get to you” constitutes the main repetition throughout “Wolves.” After the first chorus, Marshmello’s influence becomes more apparent. Instead of a backing guitar, the accompanying instrumentals morph into heavy beats and electronic pulses. Gomez’s new song is a heartfelt plea for her distant love. She describes all of the obstacles she has overcome in order to reach this person.

“Diane” – Cam

Starting with strong vocals supported by backup harmonization, Cam begins “Diane” with great fervor. It becomes very clear that Cam feels sorrow and remorse for her relationship with a man. She has apparently been with this man while ignorant of his marriage to another woman, Diane. “Diane / I promise I didn’t know he was your man / I would have noticed a gold wedding band” come together as the chorus of the fast paced country song. While the subject matter is unfortunate, the song is very enjoyable.

“Wake Up Call” – Theory of a Deadman

Theory of a Deadman’s new song, “Wake Up Call,” comes from their new album of the same name. “Wake Up Call” doesn’t seem to offer much in the way of originality. The song feels a lot like the mid-2000s pop-rock anthems about lost love that everyone has already heard a thousand times.

Featured Image By Interscope

About Jacob Schick 174 Articles
Jacob is the Head Arts Editor for The Heights. He is from Winter Park, Florida and he is currently trying to watch every movie in existence (he’s pretty close). You can follow him on Twitter @schick_jacob or email him at [email protected]