Sure, some people may not want to know ahead of time who their classmates will be before the first day. To those I say, enjoy and cherish the bliss of your ignorance. But I also guarantee that person who you’ve been awkwardly avoiding at all costs will sit right behind you. Good luck!
For the rest of us in the wonderful NOW generation, here’s how to get past this:
And to this:
Except with, ya know, non-Photoshopped images.
- Navigate to portal.bc.edu and log in. If you’re curious about developments in Boston College’s technology like this, you can check out one of my real pieces of journalism and not this traditional Buzzfeed/Lifehacker crap.
- Click on ‘Campus Groups,’ under the ‘Common Services’ section.
- Click the ‘Manage My Groups’ button. It looks like this:
- You should now see a list of your current fall courses, as well as other groups you may be in on campus. This is where you used to be able to see the people in your classes, and where you still can in a few seconds. Click one of the courses there, doesn’t matter which.
- Now on this page, go look at the URL in the address bar. It should look something like this: https://services.bc.edu/campusgroup/viewMemberDetail.action?groupID=COMM4471022018F&groupType=Course.
- Notice that the course ID I so kindly bolded for you is there in the URL. Now, get the course ID of one of your upcoming spring classes and use it to replace the current ID between the ‘groupID=’ and ‘2018F’.
- Lastly, change the ‘F’ in ‘2018F’ to an ‘S’ (Spring), and navigate to the new url you created. It should like something like this: https://services.bc.edu/campusgroup/viewMemberDetail.action?groupID=COMM2180012018S&groupType=Course.
- Voila. Enjoy. Follow me @AlecGreaney for more good stuff. #LongLiveBlog