Michael Campoli Leaves Men’s Hockey for Juniors

Boston College men’s hockey defenseman Michael Campoli has left the program “for other opportunities,” per BC Athletics late Tuesday afternoon.

Campoli, a sophomore, played in 12 career games for the Eagles. He had one career point, an assist against Colorado College last season, and finished with a plus/minus of +7.

He announced via Twitter that he was “excited to announce a fresh start with the Penticton Vees.” The Vees are the defending British Columbia Hockey League champions, a Junior A-level league.

In a press release by Penticton, head coach and general manager Fred Harbinson described his excitement at adding Campoli to his defensive core. Harbinson mentioned former Providence forward Scott Conway and Ohio State forward Nick Jones as other collegiate players that have contributed to his roster before.

“Can’t wait to join my team for the new year,” Campoli said on Twitter. “Thanks to all my teammates, friends and everyone else at Boston College who made the last year and a half so memorable.”

About Bradley Smart 87 Articles
Bradley is the associate sports editor for The Heights. He believes that America does truly run on Dunkin, March is the best month, baseball teams should always wear stirrups, and being down 3-1, in anything, is never cause for concern. You can follow him on Twitter @bradleysmart15.