News, Top Story, On Campus

Late Night on Lower Campus Moving to Addie’s, to Feature New Menu

Late night dining on Lower Campus will have a new home for the fall semester. Addie’s Loft on the second floor of Corcoran Commons will be now be late night’s territory, a short trip upstairs from Lower dining—the former home for BC students’ late night needs. In addition to the move, a new late night menu will be introduced, according to Beth Emery, director of BC Dining.

The new menu will feature a flatbread pizza station; salads, wraps, and sandwiches; frips with dips; Meatball Obsession; chicken breasts and sides; meatball subs; and pasta and meatballs. Each night, different specialty coffee drinks will also be offered. A weekend special will be served on Friday and Saturday nights: Several flavors of mac and cheese will be made available in addition to the regular menu.

There will be changes at Lower dining as well: Half of the equipment in Lower “has been updated with new environmentally sustainable equipment,” according to Emery.

In addition, a local fish taco station will be added to the offerings in Lower. The sourcing for the fish will vary: Dining services is still in the selection process as to where it will source its fish, but is currently exploring local options, according to Emery. Lower will also see the permanent addition of okonomiyaki, the Japanese pancake tested in the spring, to the menu.

Over the course of the semester, 28 new FRESH to Table concepts will be showcased at the FRESH to Table Kitchen in Lower. The University’s continued emphasis on the program will be manifested in FRESH to Table culinary showcases that will take place in McElroy, Lower, and Stuart in September.

Check out more of BC Dining’s changes for the fall semester.

Featured Image from Heights Archives

August 18, 2018