Arts, On Campus

‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Edge of Seventeen,’ and The Misanthrope This Weekend in Arts

Chamber Music Festival, Part III

(Sunday at 2 p.m.)

This Sunday, ready yourself for a full afternoon of fantastic instrumentals and dazzling music performances. Enjoy a wide array of Chamber Music pieces performed by BC students and a host of the University’s esteemed guests.

Elle King

(Monday at 7 p.m.)

The House of Blues will play host to rebellious American songstress Elle King. Known for her infectious fusion of country, rock, and blues, King will bring a soul-infused setlist of high-intensity tracks to Boston.

‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’

(Opens Friday)

Newt Scamander has just returned from a global excursion to discover new species of magical creatures. Drama ensues after a number of beasts escape. Magic and suspense converge in this American spinoff of the Harry Potter series.

Ingrid Michaelson

(Friday at 7 p.m.)

Head to the House of Blues this weekend to catch the singer-songwriter perform hits off her popular indie albums. Fans should expect to hear songs from the singer’s seventh studio album, It Doesn’t Have to Make Sense.

‘Massed Media’ at MFA

(Opens Sunday)

This new exhibit showcases various artists’ boundless creativity through patterns derived from common household materials. Jewelry, sculptures, and collages create colorful social criticisms intended to evoke powerful emotional responses.

‘Scattered Leaves: Digitally Reconstructing the Beauvais Missal’

(Thursday at 5 p.m.)

Attend this illuminating lecture to learn about the Beauvais Missal and the rise of American “biblioclasm.” Join Lisa Fagin Davis in the McMullen Museum of Art to discover just how destructive dismembering ancient books can be.

‘The Edge of Seventeen’

(Opens Friday)

Constantly compared to her popular older brother, Nadine is tired of her social outcast status. Hailee Steinfeld stars in this coming-of-age dramedy about teenage angst, social awkwardness, and all the debilitating drama that accompanies those hectic high school years.

The Misanthrope

(Thurs. through Sun. at 7:30 p.m.)

This week, the Boston College theatre department presents one of Molière’s most famous comedic satires, The Misanthrope. Get your tickets now for a hilarious look into a world of unrequited love, bad poetry, and hypocritical aristocratic society.

Featured Image By STX Entertainment