Arts, Off Campus

Halloween Unleases ‘Madea,’ Juice, and ‘Inferno’ This Weekend in Arts

‘Boo! A Madea Halloween’

(Now Playing)

This year, Tyler Perry blends horror with humor in his newest Madea film. The funny family matriarch finds herself helpless on Halloween, as she struggles to fend off a number of mischievous zombies, ghosts, and ghouls.

Express Yourself: Arts Collaboration

(Thursday at 7 p.m.)

Hosted by the Boston College Women’s Center and in conjunction with Love Your Body Week, this event features song, dance, and spoken-word poetry. Head to the Rat on Thursday for performances by The Heightsmen, DOBC, Voices of Imani, and more.

Juice Halloween Bash

(Friday at 8 p.m.)

Watch the funk-infused BC band perform at the Hard Rock Cafe this Friday. In addition to taking on an exciting new venue, the guys will share the stage with local, genre-blending bands Hadley and the Jackal, Hausermann, and Mad Yonder.

‘Inferno’

(Open Friday)

Tom Hanks is world-famous symbologist Robert Langdon in this mystery-thriller film adaptation of author Dan Brown’s popular novel. The globe-trotting Langdon attempts to thwart evil despite a debilitating bout of amnesia and a potential plot to engage in biological warfare.

Irish Women Rising: Gender and Politics in Revolutionary Ireland

(October through March)

Complete with never-before-seen documents and artifacts related to the 1916 Easter Rising, this exhibit celebrates those women who made great sacrifices to help Ireland gain independence from British control in the face of blatant sexism.

RY X

(Thursday at 8 p.m.)

The Institute of Contemporary Art has booked Australian singer-songwriter RY X to perform raw, emotionally heavy tracks off of his full-length debut album, Dawn. Get tickets to see this up-and-coming artist and experience music and contemporary art converging.

Sexual Chocolate Rookie Showcase

(Saturday at 7 p.m.)

This Saturday, head to the Heights Room to enjoy an exciting dance collaboration featuring everything from hip-hop to swing choreography. Hosted by Sexual Chocolate, this event will showcase the step team’s talented new dancers and features returning members.

Timeflies

(Thursday at 8 p.m.)

The Paradise Rock Club will play host to high-energy American Pop band Timeflies at its Boston show. The talented, two-person band is sure to entertain with popular hits like “Once in a While” and “Monsters.”

Featured Image By Lionsgate