2015-16 Athletes of the Year

Untitled1

It’s been a long year for Boston College Athletics. There have been some exciting moments. There have been a lot of disappointing ones. (A lot.) Through the occasional wins and the many losses, The Heights has been along for the ride. With that, we introduce our first annual Athlete of the Year Awards, recognizing the flashes of greatness we’ve seen in 2015-16 at BC. These athletes and coaches aren’t necessarily the most successful at their respective sports, but their character away from the game, among teammates and in the BC community, shows they truly represent what it means to be an Eagle. Thanks for following along with us this year. We’re already getting set for the next one.

—Michael Sullivan, sports editor

Katie Crowley

2015-16 Person of the Year: Katie Crowley

Katie Crowley stares warmly at three picture frames hanging on the wall across from her desk. They all show the ...
Read More
Kelly Doton

2015-16 Coach of the Year: Kelly Doton

Kelly Doton wasn’t supposed to play field hockey. “No! I want to play with my older brother!” she told her ...
Read More
Dennis Clifford

2015-16 Male Athlete of the Year: Dennis Clifford

Time was finally winding down for Boston College men’s basketball. The Eagles were about to finish their season without a ...
Read More
Alex Carpenter

2015-16 Female Athletes of the Year: Alex Carpenter and Haley Skarupa

Alex Carpenter is leaning back in her chair, one foot propped up on the corner of the table. Her reflective ...
Read More
Jacob Stevens

2015-16 Breakout Male Athlete of the Year: Jacob Stevens

Entering the season, if you shuffled down after your 1 p.m. class on a Friday afternoon to Shea Field, hoping ...
Read More
Mariella Fasoula

2015-16 Breakout Female Athlete of the Year: Mariella Fasoula

Since she was a little girl, Mariella Fasoula has been on the path to be a big man. It started ...
Read More