2017-18 Athletes of the Year

In a matter of eight months, the perception surrounding Boston College Athletics has completely changed. True freshman running back A.J. Dillon rushed for 1,432 yards and 13 touchdowns, all while guiding football to a 5-1 regular-season finish. Daryl Watts posted a 40-goal, 40-assist season, racking up 82 points, becoming the first freshman to ever win the Patty Kazmaier Award on a women’s hockey team that logged its third-best record in program history. Jerome Robinson exploded for 24.3 points per game in conference play, earning All-ACC First Team honors and playing a big part in the Eagles’ first return to the postseason since 2010-11. Come spring, Dempsey Arsenault seamlessly transitioned to a starring role on offense, teaming up with Sam Apuzzo to lead BC, under the watchful eyes of head coach Acacia Walker-Weinstein, to a perfect 17-0 regular season and its first ACC title. 

– Andy Backstrom, Sports Editor

acacia walker-weinstein

Leaps and Bounds When Acacia Walker-Weinstein first arrived at BC, she talked about winning a National Championship. Now, six years later, it's a nationwide expectation.

A fter last year’s heart-wrenching loss to Maryland in the National Championship, a narrow 16-13 setback, Boston College lacrosse coach ...
Read More
dempsey arsenault

Trading Places In her first two years at BC, Dempsey Arsenault was a star defender. Now, she helps pace the offense.

With 1:02 left, Dempsey Arsenault found herself with a free-position chance, in a tie game, with Boston College lacrosse’s undefeated ...
Read More

Big Man on Campus Call him a perfectionist, but A.J. Dillon will do whatever it takes to be the very best.

F or fans of Boston College football, the turning point in the season—maybe in all of coach Steve Addazio’s tenure ...
Read More
jerome robinson

The Pioneer Jerome Robinson lost a total of 34 ACC games as an underclassmen—rather than transferring, he stayed put. He wanted to be the one to turn the program around.

B oston College men’s basketball combo guard Jerome Robinson was in the middle of another pre-draft workout. Practicing in Thousand ...
Read More