Food Guide 2017

Your alarm goes off, and it’s much too early. But you still roll out of bed, blearily making your way through a carefully developed routine. You wipe the sleep out of your eyes and brush your teeth, and suddenly your stomach comes to life and gives a quiet rumble. That’s how you know: it’s time for breakfast. But sometimes your want something more than a sad bowl of cereal or a floppy disc of toast, you want to start with something different, something delicious. Breakfast is, after all, the most important meal of the day. So this year we present The Breakfast Club, a collection of ways from around the world to start (or end) your day with a meal that you won’t forget.

– Madeleine D’Angelo, metro editor

With Sofra, Find Your Turkish Delight

It’s early in the morning on a weekday, but the line at Sofra still snakes around the counter, reaching toward ...
Read More

Bistro781 Puts a New Spin on Brunch

Jeff Abellard points to the photos on the wall. There’s the old sign for the Wal-Lex, a giant recreation center ...
Read More

The Heroes at Paris Creperie Don’t Wear Crepes, They Make Them

W hat happens when nerds take over a fine French café in the heart of Brookline’s hipster haven? You get ...
Read More

Hei La Moon Is All That and Dim Sum

Editor’s note: The interview that formed the basis of this article was conducted in Cantonese by a Heights editor and ...
Read More

Get Your Breakfast for Dinner at South Street Diner

Say the word “democracy.” Upon hearing it, images of white Grecian columns are painted in the mind, one can see ...
Read More

From the South End, Mike’s City Diner Serves All-American Classics

When Jay Hajj arrived in the South End of Boston 22 years ago, there were no early-bird brunchers sipping mimosas ...
Read More