Metro, Food

Restaurants Not To Miss In The South End

Tried The Gallows and want more from the South End? Check out The Beehive and The South End Buttery.

The Beehive – 541 Tremont Street

If you’re looking to eat a dinner out in Boston that’s a little more than your average dinner, check out the Beehive. The food is top-notch, but the atmosphere is even better. There is live jazz music almost nightly, featuring well-respected artists from all over the country. You can sit by the stage and dance off your dinner, or grab a table upstairs for a more traditional restaurant feel that happens to have a soundtrack of live saxophone coming from just over the railing. The pairing of such delectable food and music is a rarity and everyone interested in both or either should swarm the Beehive ASAP.

The South End Buttery – 314 Shawmut Avenue

This place is as mouth-watering and decadent as its name suggests. Walk in for a delicious treat to go from the overflowing display case by the cashier, or make a reservation ahead of time for brunch in the cozy downstairs level. While the savory breakfast dishes are fantastic, don’t you dare leave the premises without trying a pastry, or at least the Strawberries and Cream Brioche French Toast. It is the perfect place for a warm meal and toasty environment when the weather gets colder. They also serve dinner, lunch in the upstairs cafe, and have a full bar.

Featured Image by Emily Fahey / Heights Editor