Welcome To The New BCHeights.com

Well, things look a little different around here.

This is the new version of BCHeights.com, which has been in the works for almost a year now. It’s involved hundreds of hours of work from two editorial boards’ worth of Heights editors, and we’re proud to present it to you today.

The new site is entirely owned and operated by The Heights, Inc. We left the third-party company with which we worked previously on our website to do this on our own. You’ll see that the site is entirely responsive, with the design adjusting to whatever medium you’ve chosen. Take a look around yourself—but before you do, here are some things to note:

• We’re shutting down our old blogs. The sports blog and the Heights blog served us well, but this is now the one and only place to find Heights content.
  • Don’t worry, we still have a blog, and we’re going to use it a lot more. You can find it here. It will feature blog-style content aggregated from all of our sections. It will continue to be as snarky as the previous iterations of the blog.
  • Our old links are dead. Sorry, we killed them. If you’re trying to get to a story from an old URL, you’ll arrive on our 404 page, but if you know what you’re looking for just search by headline, author, or keyword.
  • Some our archives are on the new site, but not all of them. Our web archives go back to 2002 and we are still in the process of loading them onto this site. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Just shoot me an email. We have an archives page in the works that will make our 32,000-story archive much easier to navigate. All of our archives going back to 2005 are almost ready to go, and we’ll be rolling them out in the next week.
  • We added an events calendar. Since we couldn’t find a place that featured all of the BC events relevant to students, we decided to make our own. Want your event added to the calendar? You can submit it right there on the page. Want your event featured somewhere on the site? Talk to our ads team.
  • We have lots of advertising opportunities for this new version of the site. Visit our ads page to learn about placements, deals, and sponsored content.

That just about covers it. This is very much a 1.0 version of BCHeights.com. In the coming weeks and months you’ll see the site add plenty of new features, but most importantly we want it to be a place that makes the most of the content we’ve been providing since 1919—and we believe that this new version of BCHeights.com accomplishes that.

Enjoy.

Featured Image by Daniel Lee / Heights Senior Staff