Arts, On Campus, Off Campus

This Weekend In Arts: ArtWeek Boston, Pops On The Heights, And More

1. ArtWeek Boston

(Through 10/5)
Boston is getting artsy this week, celebrating the community’s creativity with its biannual, 10-day-long festival. A wide range of events are being hosted in Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville, most of which are free. For a detailed schedule and full calendar, see artweekboston.org.

2. A Tribute to Robin Williams

(Thursday 9/25, 6:30 and 9:30 p.m.)
In memory of his death, Cambridge’s Brattle Theater is screening some of Robin Williams’ most beloved films. The tribute concludes this evening with showings of Hook and Insomnia playing back to back. Single feature student tickets are available for $8 at brattlefilm.org.

3. Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull Concert

(Saturday 9/27, 7:30 p.m.)
“Hero” singer Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull are performing at TD Garden on Saturday. Tickets for the concert start at $41.40 at ticketmaster.com.

4. Glass Fridays

(Friday 9/26, 6:30 p.m.)
On the last Friday of every month, things really heat up at Diablo. The glass blowing school welcomes guests to an evening of workshops, demonstrations, socializing, and wine in their Boston flame-working studio. Tickets for the 21-plus event are $95 at diabloglassschool.com.

5. Musicians Unite

(Thursday 9/25, 7 p.m.)
Get stoked for the Music Guild’s first open mic night of the year, as student singers, musicians, and rappers showcase their talents outdoors on the Stokes Amphitheater for the evening. The event is free.

6. Pops On The Heights

(Friday 9/26, 8 p.m.)
This weekend, Boston College is pulling out all the stops for its annual scholarship gala in Conte Forum. Moms and pops visiting the Heights who already have tickets to the concert dinner can check out The Boston Pops Orchestra, performing with a special guest.

7. Zoo Clue Challenge

(Saturday 9/27, 2 p.m.)
Go wild at the Franklin Park Zoo’s first Zoo Clue Challenge, a scavenger hunt designed for adults 18 and older. The cost is $50 for each team of four, and a camera or smart phone is required for the game. Prizes will be awarded and light refreshments will be served. For more information, visit zoonewengland.org.

Featured Image by Graham Beck / Heights Senior Staff