Arts, Music, On Campus, Off Campus

This Weekend In Arts: Fall Band Showcase, Faneuil Hall Tree Lighting, And More

Asinine Presents

(Friday 11/21 and Saturday 11/22, 9 p.m.)

Things are going to get stupid funny in Fulton 511 this weekend for Asinine’s free sketch comedy and improv show. The performance will include routines by both group veterans and newbies.

Conspiracy Theory & SEASA Fall Showcase

(Friday 11/21, 7:30 p.m.)

Believe it or not, Phaymus, UPrising, and a number of other BC dance groups will all be in the Murray Function Room for Conspiracy Theory and SEASA’s second annual collaborative event. The show is free, and will feature Dan Lyle, A&S ’16, as DJ.

Draw Closer

(Thursday 11/20, 5:30 p.m.)

The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum invites guests to ‘Draw Closer’ to its newly opened Sculptors’ Drawings exhibition during its monthly Third Thursday program. The event—including a collaborative drawing workshop, singer songwriter Nile Alexander, and a special themed cash bar—is 21-plus and free for BC students. See gardnermuseum.com for details.

Fall Band Showcase

(Saturday 11/22, 6 p.m.)

Show up for Saturday’s Fall Band Showcase, organized by CAB and the Music Guild. The two and a half hour concert will feature 25-minute sets by on campus musicians Atomic Pizza Slap, William Bolton, Seaver’s Express, Juice, and Lucid Soul.

Faneuil Hall Tree Lighting Ceremony

(Saturday 11/22, 2 p.m.)

Brighten up your night with Faneuil Hall’s annual Blink! tree lighting spectacular at 8 p.m. The ceremony—featuring music by the Boston Pops—will be preceded by a host of holiday happenings during the afternoon, including a visit from Santa Claus. Visit faneuilhallmarketplace.com for more information.

Heightsmen Fall Cafe

(Saturday 11/22, 6:30 p.m.)

The boys of the Heightsmen are suiting up for their Fall Cafe on Saturday. The a cappella group will be debuting three new songs as well as performing fan favorites, including the infamous Freshman Dance. Dance crew Sexual Chocolate will be opening for the free event.

‘The Trojan Women’

(Thursday 11/20 to Sunday 11/23)

Greek life comes to Boston College this weekend, as the theatre department presents its adaptation of the classic Euripidean tragedy about the fall of Troy. The play is running Thursday to Saturday at 7 p.m. and again on Sunday for a matinee show at 2 p.m. Student tickets are $10 plus fees through Robsham.

Featured Image by John Wiley / Heights Editor