Women's Hockey

Business As Usual For Streaking Eagles On The Ice

The Boston College women’s hockey team’s record-breaking streak continued after a 4-0 shutout of University of Vermont on Saturday.

The Eagles entered the game 21-0-1, a lossless season record with one tie against St. Lawrence. It was a tough start to the game with a couple sloppy plays for the defense but freshman Katie Burt kept the door shut on the goal, eventually earning her fifth shutout of the season.

Juniors Alex Carpenter and Haley Skarupa dominated the ice for BC. Carpenter scored the first goal of the game in the 14th minute off a sneaky Haley Skarupa pass from the right faceoff circle.

Skarupa and Carpenter continued to control the game’s scoring. Skarupa found the back of the net in the second period and Carpenter scored again in the third. Both goals had first assists from the other player, and both extended their point streaks to 20 games.

Junior Dana Trivingo cleaned up a missed pass and shot it through the open back door in the dying seconds of the first period.

Defensively, goaltender Katie Burt showed off her gold medal talent, stopping 21 shots, including a strong breakaway from UVM freshman Victoria Andreakos. UVM took advantage of some broken plays where BC’s defense just couldn’t quite get the puck out of its own zone, but Burt stayed strong in the net and held the Catamounts to a goalless game.

Featured Image by Arthur Bailin / Heights Editor