Winter

Roundup: Women’s Tennis Defeats Syracuse

Skiing

The ski team visited the Middlebury Sugar Bowl this weekend for the Middlebury Carnival.

Junior Chase Ryan continued to establish his consistency in the Giant Slalom event. Finishing in 42nd place with a time of 2:15.01 over two runs. Teammate Trevor Lennox finished in 51st with a time of 2:17.70.

BC also had three skiers finish the Slalom. Carter Robertson, Chris Keating, and Keith Schuman finished in 31st, 44th, and 52nd, respectively.

The women’s team was very successful in the GS with five skiers finishing the race, led by sophomore Bug Pech, who finished with a time of 2:22.45.

The team gets a one-week rest before travelling to Whiteface, N.Y. for the St. Lawrence Carnival.

Track and Field

Varsity track had a difficult time finishing in the top this weekend at the Boston University Valentine Invitational.

Sophomore Devaun Bovell had a big day, setting a school record in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.31. He also finished in ninth place.

Senior Pat Daly finished the 1,000 meter run in 12th place with a time of 2:26.59.

There was tough competition this weekend and the results show that Boston College was just another team in the middle of the pack.

BC hopes to make more of a presence in the ACC indoor championships later this month in Blacksburg, Va.

Women’s Tennis

Boston College took down Syracuse over the weekend in a singles competition sweep, 4-1.

Pair Jessica Wacnik and Lexi Borr continued their recent doubles success, defeating Amanda Rodgers and Nicole Mitchell, 6-1. BC’s second and third pairs both faced tough losses to lose the one-point advantage from doubles competition.

In a series of long matches, BC’s singles’ players all defeated their opponents. Wacnik, Borr, and Asiya Dair all snuck past in two sets and Katya Vasilyev finished her comeback victory in three sets. The remaining two matches were unfinished after BC clinched victory.

BC has a home doubleheader next week against Albany and Florida International.