Arts, Off Campus

‘Get Hard,’ Fleabag, And bOp! In This Weekend In Arts

bOpflix

(Saturday 8 P.M.)

The Boston College jazz ensemble, BC bOp!, is having a movie and television themed performance this Saturday in Robsham theater. Tickets are available through the Robsham Box Office.

Get Hard

(Opens Friday)

Anticipating his likely incarceration, James (Will Ferrell) asks Darnell (Kevin Hart) to do his best to prepare James for life in jail. The two comedy icons’ characters come together to see what they can really learn from each other.

Home

(Opens Friday)

Oh, an alien, is hiding out from his own people on Earth and creates a friendship with a courageous young girl, Tip. Rihanna, Jim Parsons, and Steve Martin are voice actors in this Dreamworks animation.

Man Vs. Food

(Thursday 5:30 P.M.)

Come support contestants in the Second Annual Hillside Challenge. Contestants will have to eat a double cheeseburger, fries, a milkshake, and a giant cookie as fast as they possibly can.

Movie Night

(Saturday 8 P.M.)

The Campus Activities Board will be presenting Space Jam, the epic Michael Jordan and Looney Tunes basketball film in O’Connell House. Snacks and drinks will be served at the showing.

My Mother’s Fleabag

(Friday & Saturday, 7 P.M. & 10 P.M.)

The improv-sketch comedy group is having its Spring BIG Show this weekend. This year, the show will be in the Vanderslice Cabaret Room instead of the O’Connell House. Admission is free.

People Weren’t Meant to Sing

(Friday 9 P.M.)

Andrew Gaffney, A&S ‘16, will present his original song cycle in the Bonn Studio Theatre this weekend. Admission is free.

Singer-Songwriter Competition

(Thursday 7 P.M.)

This year’s singer-songwriter competition, presented by BC Music Guild, Arts Council, and CAB, will be in the Yellow Room of McElroy. Twelve BC artists will be performing at the event. Admission is free.