Arts, On Campus

‘Confederacy Of Dunces,’ ‘Showcase,’ and ‘Star Wars’ This Weekend In Arts

Boston College Musical Theatre Showcase

(Friday at 7p.m.)

Head over to Robsham’s Bonn Studio this weekend for a showcase of musical talent. From old school hits to contemporary favorites, students will perform selections from the golden age of musical theatre.

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’

(Opens Dec 18)

The saga continues with this newest installment of everyone’s favorite sci-fi film franchise. Set 30 years after defeating the Galactic Empire, Episode VII follows Han Solo and the crew as they take on Kylo Ren in an all-new galactic battle.

‘In The Heart of The Sea’

(Opens Friday)

This biographical adventure thriller details the 1820 sinking of American whaling ship Essex, the event which served as the inspiration for the tale of Moby Dick. Chris Hemsworth stars in this suspenseful film.

‘Sisters’

(Opens Dec 18)

Comediennes Tina Fey and Amy Poehler play middle-aged sisters in this highly-anticipated buddy comedy. When their parents put their childhood home up for sale, the sisters decide to throw a wild party for the ages.

Kiss 108 Jingle Ball

(Thursday 7pm)

This week, Kiss 108 will bring some of the biggest names in music to Boston’s TD Garden for the annual Jingle Ball concert. Headliners include Demi Lovato, The Weeknd, and 5 Seconds of Summer, among others.

Jim Gaffigan

(Friday at Wilbur Theatre 7:15pm)

Funny guy Jim Gaffigan will take the stage this weekend at Boston’s Wilbur Theater. Known for his quick wit and sarcasm, the comedian brings his original stand-up to a Beantown audience.

Cole Swindell

(Thursday at House of Blues 7pm)

American country music singer Cole Swindell brings a sweet Southern sound to  House of Blues this week. Be there to hear hit songs like “Let Me See Ya Girl” and “Chillin’ It,” off his self-titled debut album.

‘A Confederacy of Dunces’

(Dec 11-Dec 20)

The Huntington Theatre Company presents the stage adaptation of John Kennedy Toole’s best-selling novel. Parks & Recreation star Nick Offerman stars as Ignatius J. Reilly in this colorful comedic spectacle set in the 1960s.

Featured Image By Walt Disney Studios