In January, Chainsmokers To Perform At Plexapalooza

On Tuesday afternoon, the Campus Activities Board (CAB) announced that the Chainsmokers will be the guest performers at the 2016 Plexapalooza, an annual concert for Boston College students held in the Flynn Recreation Complex.

The Chainsmokers, an American DJ duo with popular songs including “#Selfie,” “Kanye” and “Roses,” will take the stage on Friday, Jan. 29 at 8:30 p.m. Tickets will be available for students to purchase after Winter Break.

“We had a very student- focused approach when we started planning for this show,” Kevin Polman, CSOM ’17 and director of Live Entertainment, said. “We hosted a Coffee with CAB event where we invited students to come talk to us about potential headlining artists. We wanted to find an artist that is currently popular in the EDM scene and on BC’s campus, and we think that we did that with the Chainsmokers.”

Last year CAB sponsored Plexapalooza for the first time—it was originally run by the Undergraduate Government of Boston College—and the board set out to bring in more well-known artists to perform. It brought DJ Dillon Francis to perform in the Plex last year. His concert was the most-attended BC concert in recent memory. Other previous performers at Plexapalooza include the Bingo Players and Super Mash Bros.

Within an hour of the announcement, more than 1,000 people confirmed that they were going to the event on Facebook, and another 400 indicated that they are interested in attending.

Last year, the event was sold out—1,800 students attended.

“We are hoping that this year’s Plexapalooza will build on the success of last year’s show,” Polman said. “We have a lot in store and we hope everyone is as excited as we are.”

This post has been updated.

Photo Courtesy EDM Chicago