Arts, Music, Movies, On Campus, Off Campus

‘Barbershop,’ Bieber, and ‘A Bigger Splash’ This Weekend in the Arts

‘A Bigger Splash’

(Now Playing)

In this suspenseful mystery/drama blend, Tilda Swinton plays a rock star whose romantic vacation plans are ruined by the surprise arrival of her ex-boyfriend. The Sicilian dream getaway soon becomes a nightmare thanks to the ex and his dangerously seductive daughter.

‘A Hologram for the King’

(Now Playing)

Based on the bestselling novel by Dave Eggers, this quirky drama film stars Tom Hanks. With the help of a taxi driver and a beautiful doctor, Hanks traverses Saudi Arabia to close a major business deal.

‘Barbershop: The Next Cut’

(Now Playing)

When a local barber shop is forced to merge with a nearby hair salon, a battle of the sexes ensues in this new comedy. Despite the disagreements, these two companies must band together to save their beloved Chicago neighborhood.

Justin Bieber

(Tuesday at 7 P.M.) TD Garden

The Canadian-born megastar is coming to Boston, and he’s bringing smash hits like “Sorry” and “Love Yourself” to the TD Garden stage. The pop-music heartthrob will perform for two nights in Boston as part of his Purpose World Tour.

Modstock 2016: Beach Party ft. T-Pain

(Thursday at 3:30 P.M.)

The Campus Activities Board is proud to announce the lineup for this year’s beach-themed campus concert. The annual Modstock concert will feature Battle of the Bands winner Funky Giant and popular rap artist T-Pain.

‘Swan Lake’

(Saturday at 1 P.M.) The Boston Opera House

Buy your tickets now for the Boston Ballet’s beautiful rendition of the famous Swan Lake. With sheer grace and finesse, the company will bring beautiful choreography and classical music to The Boston Opera House.

The Amazing Tour Is Not On Fire

(Thursday at 7 P.M.)

Head to the Citi Performing Arts Center this week for a hilarious comedy show of inventive sketches and jokes. British Youtube stars Dan Howell and Phil Lester are sure to keep their Boston audience in stitches.

Wayne Brady

(Friday at 7:30 P.M.)

Known for his role on the popular improvisational comedy show Whose Line Is It Anyway, actor, singer, and comedian Wayne Brady brings his hilarious stand-up to Boston’s Wilbur Theatre. Buy your tickets now for a night of quality comedy.

Featured Image By Studio Canal