News, Top Story, Featured Story

BC Student Has Been Found After Missing Commencement

Newton police have found Boston College student Dana Morrissey, MCAS ’16, who was missing for most of the day Monday. The authorities found her in a wooded area, behind Temple Mishkan Tefla, near the Chestnut Hill Mall where she was last reported seen. She was unharmed.

Last year, the University bought a 24-acre parcel of land that includes the land Temple Mishkan Tefla sits on. The area is about one mile away from BC’s main campus.

Morrissey took an Uber to the Chestnut Hill Mall at approximately 7:45 a.m. and had not been seen or heard from since. When she did not show up to her graduation this morning, her family alerted the police.

Newton police searched the nearby area, including Hammond Pond behind the mall, for Morrissey. They deployed air units and state K-9 units to assist in the search. The police also looked at surveillance video but it did not help them in their search. Morrissey’s phone was turned off, police said. They did not have reason to suspect she was harmed.

“Dana, if you can hear me, can you please contact somebody,” Meg Morrissey, her mother, said at a press conference Monday afternoon, before she was found. “We’d love to have you home for your birthday tomorrow.”

Featured Image Courtesy of WBZ-TV