MisterWives Impresses at First Annual StokesSet

The 2,000 tickets available for students to see MisterWives sold out Tuesday, the day after going on sale. Misterwives took the stage at 8 p.m. Saturday night on Stokes Lawn during the first annual StokesSet.

The concert, which was sponsored by Campus Activities Board (CAB), began with a performance by Juice at 5:30 p.m.

“We try to incorporate on-campus artists to open as much as we can, and felt that Juice would be a great fit for the vibe of the concert,” said Kelsey Golden, director of live entertainment for CAB and CSOM ’18.

The event was capped at 2,000 students because the rain location was the Flynn Recreation Center, which can only fit that number of people.

Although CAB did not keep track of how many students actually went to the concert, Golden said that not all of the students who paid for tickets picked them up from the Robsham box office.

Golden hopes StokesSet will become an annual event, but that is contingent on several other factors, including weekend football games, the weather, other on-campus events, as well as artist and budget availability.

CAB received a lot of positive feedback from students after the concert, Golden said.

“We really wanted a fun event to kick-off the year and felt that an outdoor concert would be a great way to achieve that,” Golden said.