OLAA Annual Culture Show And Latino Family Weekend to Start Friday

The Organization of Latin American Affairs (OLAA) is hosting its annual culture show on Friday as part of its three-day-long Latino Family Weekend (LFW).

The culture show will feature an assortment of performance groups, such as BC’s Fuego del Corazon, as well as professional band showcases and short films. The signature event highlights the cultural traditions of Latin and Hispanic individuals in the United States and the Caribbean, as well as South, Central, and Mesoamerica. Tickets for the event are available from Robsham Theatre and are free of charge.

“LFW intends to foster rapport, facilitate discernment, and promote cultural pride among Latino staff, faculty, and staff at BC, as well as members of the BC community with an interest in Latin America,” said Jorge Mejia, MCAS ’19. “LFW is a rare opportunity for the campus body to celebrate Latin American culture, while also carrying out OLAA’s mission as a culture club rooted in social advocacy, intersectionality, and Jesuitical reflection to promote the needs and goals of Latinos at Boston College.”

LFW will commence with the Culture Show. Saturday will feature a discussion called “Pintando el Futuro con OLAA” and a banquet. Sunday will close off the event with a brunch and a Spanish mass.

Featured Image via the Organization of Latin American Affairs

About Cole Dady 76 Articles
Cole is the news editor for The Heights. Originally from Phoenix, AZ, he spent thirteen years trying to learn Spanish in school. However, he never learned how to roll his "r's." So, whenever he talks to native Spanish speakers, they all respond in English. You can reach him at [email protected]