Fall, Men's Soccer

Previewing 2018 Men’s Soccer: Harvard

Coming out on the wrong side of one-goal decisions in three-straight ACC matches, Boston College men’s soccer (3-3-3, 2-3 Atlantic Coast) pulled out a much-needed victory against No. 17 North Carolina State on Friday night. The Eagles now face a Harvard (3-7, 1-1 Ivy League) team that has endured a rough season up to this point. During a stretch in September, Harvard lost five-consecutive games, and it currently finds itself in the midst of a two-match losing streak. BC will square off against the Crimson in the cozy confines of Newton Campus before heading out on the road to face Wake Forest and Connecticut.

Who is BC playing?

Harvard

When is BC playing?

Tuesday, Oct. 9, 7 p.m.

Where is BC playing?

Newton Soccer Field, Newton, Mass.

How to Watch:

The match will be streamed on ACC Network Extra, which is available on WatchESPN.

By the Numbers:

BC:

1) With their 1-0 win against the Wolfpack, the Eagles continued a season long trend. All nine of their games have been decided by one goal or less.

2) BC has been lacking in its number of set pieces. Specifically, it has only attempted 34 corner kicks on the season, compared to its opponents’ mark of 61.

3) Against N.C. State, Kristofer Konradsson notched another assist, bringing his total for the season up to four, which leads the team.

Harvard:  

1) Through 10 games, the Crimson have scored 10 goals, but they have let up 24 goals to their opponents.

2)  Harvard is currently 0-5 on the road. Unfortunately for the Crimson, they will have to cross the river and play this game in Newton.

3) Alfred Perez has scored three goals so far this season, two of which have come during conference play.

Last Meeting:

These two teams met last year in October, with BC prevailing, 3-1. Recording his first career hat trick, Simon Enstrom ended a personal scoring drought and the team’s four-game losing streak.

Outlook:

With BC snapping a three-match losing streak against N.C. State, it’ll hope to keep the ball rolling against the Crimson. Harvard comes in with a 3-7 record, so this is projected to be a winnable matchup for head coach Ed Kelly’s team. Enstrom—who netted his third game-winner of the season on Friday night—will look to stay hot, along with the rest of the offensive attack. If the Eagles hold the line defensively and overwhelm the Crimson with enough shots on goal, they should be able to pull out another home victory.

Featured Image by Lizzy Barrett / Heights Senior Staff