Saoirse Kennedy Hill Died of Accidental Overdose, per Report

The death of Saoirse Kennedy Hill, BC ’20, has been ruled an accidental overdose, according to her death certificate that was reviewed by WCVB-TV. Diazepam, nordiazepam, methadone, fluoxetine, norfluoxetine, and alcohol were found in her system. 

Hill died at Cape Cod Hospital in August after being found unresponsive at her family’s compound on Cape Cod in Hyannis Port, Mass.

Diazepam is commonly used to treat symptoms of anxiety and fluoxetine for treating symptoms of depression. Methadone may be prescribed as a treatment for opioid use disorder.

She is survived by her mother, Courtney Kennedy Hill, and her father, Paul Michael Hill, as well as her grandmother, Ethel Kennedy, and her stepmother Stephanie, according to a statement made by the Kennedy family shortly after her death. 

Hill is the fifth Boston College student to have died since April. None of these students died while on campus. 

If you or someone you know is in crisis, contact University Counseling Services at 617-552-3310.

Featured Image by Jonathan Ye / Heights Senior Staff

Avatar
About Colleen Martin 111 Articles
Colleen is the metro editor for The Heights. She is currently working on going to every Chipotle in the greater Boston area. You can reach her at [email protected]