UPDATE: Evans Denies Report He Will Leave BPD for Boston College

At a press conference Friday evening, Boston Police Department (BPD) Commissioner William Evans denied WBZ-TV’s report that he would be leaving the department for the Boston College Police Department to replace retiring BCPD Chief John King. According to WHDH Boston, at a press conference where Evans and Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, BC ’08, addressed safety concerns surrounding summer safety in the city, Evans denied “rumors” that he was leaving the department.

“I’m going to continue to stay focused on my job,” Evans said at the press conference. “That’s all I care about.”

Earlier that day, Walsh told The Boston Herald Evans wasn’t going anywhere and expressed frustration with the reporting. WBZ has not retracted their story. Initially, BPD and Boston College did not comment on the story.

This morning, however, University Spokesman Jack Dunn told The Heights there was “nothing to report.” The Heights reported on WBZ’s story that Evans was leaving the department in an article published Thursday evening.

Featured Image via WBUR

About Jack Goldman 64 Articles
Jack Goldman is a copy editor and writer for The Heights. He's from a tiny Boston suburb nobody cares about, and yet he is proud of it for some reason. He is relatively insane and extremely long-winded, but thanks you for reading. Don't follow him on Twitter @the_manofgold but do email him: [email protected]