BC Finalizes Beer and Wine Sales at Alumni Stadium, Conte Forum

beer and wine sales

Last August, about two months after he took over as Boston College’s new Director of Athletics, Martin Jarmond announced that the school—like a third of the FBS—would expand its beer and wine sales in Alumni Stadium for the 2017 season, as part of a pilot program designed to examine the benefits of increased alcohol distribution. Then, in November, BC extended the policy change to Conte Forum, allowing beer and wine to be sold in select concessions throughout the arena.

Jarmond must have liked what he saw: On Tuesday, the second-year AD declared that BC has finalized its alcohol sales in both Alumni and Conte.

“We’re excited to continue offering this expanded service to our fans,” he told BCEagles.com. “We received great feedback last year that this opportunity enhanced our game-day experience.”

Just like last year, beer and wine will be available for purchase in designated concession areas scattered across Alumni Stadium, but there will also be additional sale locations in both Alumni and Conte for fans to access.

The beverage options include Budweiser, Bud Light, Sam Adams, Harpoon IPA, and cider, as well as red and white wine. It’s important to note that, prior to last season, alcohol had been sold to fans in Alumni’s premium seating areas—60 boxes, suites, and a tent next to the stadium. That said, even then, the sales never reached general admission ticket holders.

Since last summer, BC’s attendance numbers have been trending in the right direction. For instance, on average, the school filled 80.7 percent of Alumni Stadium during the 2017 football season—an 8.4 percent increase from the year before. Although the Eagles’ recent success in major revenue sports may have something do with the spike, the expansion of alcohol sales is surely a factor, too.

Featured Image by Julia Hopkins / Heights Senior Staff

Andy Backstrom
About Andy Backstrom 318 Articles
Andy is the sports editor of The Heights. He is from the suburbs of Philly, but has been an Arizona Cardinals enthusiast since the first grade. Every so often, he'll replay Super Bowl XLIII on Madden to exact revenge on his father's beloved Steelers. You can follow him on Twitter @AndyHeights.