Bentley Balances Intensity and Introspection on “Burning Man”

Dierks Bentley has revived his entire sound, and his videos have gone along for the ride. “Burning Man” (ft. Brothers Osborne) kicks typical country videos up a notch, incorporating perfectly timed graphics and beautiful scenery. The theme of the song is introspective, and the video reflects this by starting off with flickering images of Bentley growing up. The camera then follows him around as he walks through amazing natural landscapes and dances around the stage during concerts. There is no shortage of visual beauty in the video—a barren desert, a lake surrounded by mountains, and clear, starry night are all prominently displayed between clips of Bentley performing live. The video displays various clips of swirling, dark storm clouds to add intensity to an already fiery song. The song’s passionate lyrics are reflected perfectly in the mysterious natural scenery shown throughout the video. The sharp contrasts between the peaceful outdoors and Bentley’s concerts mirror the instability mentioned in the lyrics. The building intensity culminates in an ardent display of natural forces during the bridge. Lightning, dust storms, and fireworks take over during the most passionate part of the song, likely representing the pent-up anger and rage felt by Bentley.

Dierks Bentley has revived his entire sound, and his videos have gone along for the ride. “Burning Man” ft. Brothers Osborne kicks typical country videos up a notch, incorporating perfectly timed graphics and beautiful scenery. The theme of the song is introspective, and the video reflects this by starting off with flickering images of Bentley growing up. The camera then follows him around as he walks through amazing natural landscapes and dances around the stage during concerts. There is no shortage of visual beauty in the video—a barren desert, a lake surrounded by mountains, and clear, starry night are all prominently displayed between clips of Bentley performing live. The video displays various clips of swirling, dark storm clouds to add intensity to an already fiery song. The song’s passionate lyrics are reflected perfectly in the mysterious natural scenery shown throughout the video. The sharp contrasts between the peaceful outdoors and Bentley’s concerts mirror the instability mentioned in the lyrics. The building intensity culminates in an ardent display of natural forces during the bridge. Lightning, dust storms, and fireworks take over during the most passionate part of the song, likely representing the pent-up anger and rage felt by Bentley.

Featured Image by Capitol Records Nashville