Deck The Halls With Lots Of Music This Christmas

Although the turkey has not quite been carved, and we have yet to hold hands around the dinner table admiring plump potatoes and caramelized yams, Santa’s sleigh is well on its way, and it is delivering a fresh supply of musical Christmas cheer. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise—it’s definitely appropriate to break out the holiday tunes now. Picture wrapping yourself up in your quilts, sliding your hands around a mug of hot chocolate, and cozying up by the fire while listening to those Christmas songs to get you in the finals-are-over-and-I’m-free mood. Hang in there, Eagles, and read on to see whose voice you should be listening to as you catch those wintry flights home, bake those snowman cookies, and tinsel those Christmas trees.

Idina Menzel – Holiday Wishes

Menzel has a powerful voice that can fluidly carry from Disney pictures to Broadway productions. She showcases her vocals in Holiday Wishes, which will melt your hearts as you walk amid the Boston winters. The control in her voice as she carries out long notes in the finest vibrato is truly spectacular. With songs ranging from the lull of her “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” to the tambourine beat of “All I Want for Christmas is You,” Menzel does not disappoint fans, both young and old—and she’ll have you swaying and dancing to the beat of her songs all Christmas long.

Earth, Wind & Fire – Holiday

If you’re looking for the original, classical holiday tunes this Christmas, Earth, Wind & Fire’s Holiday might not be your cup of hot chocolate. It change up well-known, traditional Christmas songs with its soulful, funky sound. Many times, if it weren’t for the lyrics, you would not even recognize that the songs are covers. This is not a bad thing, though, as each track throws its own unique flair to get you grooving to the beat. “Winter Wonderland” most notably embodies modes of percussion and trumpet runs to create this terrific, offbeat feel. What is noteworthy, though, is a throwback of its hit single, “September” with a twist on the lyrics to make the song titled “December.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9XCrW42uk4

LeAnn Rimes – One Christmas: Chapter One

If you’re looking for less common Christmas covers, LeAnn Rimes’ One Christmas: Chapter One has unique tracks including “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas,” which, while unfamiliar, still gives off a jingly Christmas vibe. Although Rimes is most known for her country roots in music, this Christmas album sets a little bit of a different tone, but is still a pleasant sound for this upcoming holiday season. This album has been quite popular with listeners already, probably because of Rimes’ gifted vocal ability that can soothe any listeners’ ears. “Silent Night, Holy Night” best represents this, and it definitely deserves a listen by anyone in need of Christmas cheer.

Featured Image Courtesy of Warner Bros.