This Weekend In Arts: Battle Of The Bands, Bostonians Cafe, And B.A.D.A.S.S.

B.A.D.A.S.S.

(Friday 7:30 P.M.)
The annual Spring Show for B.E.A.T.S. and Dynamics will take place in McGuinn 121 this Friday. Tonal Ecstasy, an a cappella group from McGill University, will also be performing at the show.

BATTLE OF THE BANDS

(Friday 7:45 P.M.)
The Boston College Music Guild, Arts Council, and CAB are hosting the annual Battle of the Bands. Groups will compete to move on to Arts Fest, where the winner will open for Modstock.

Bostonians Spring Cafe!

(Saturday 7 P.M.)
The a cappella group’s Spring Show will be in McGuinn 121 this Saturday.The Bostonians will perform their entire repertoire and individuals will showcase their talent with solo performances. Admission is free.

Cinderella

(Opens Friday)
The Kenneth Branagh film adaptation of the classic Disney cartoon springs to life this weekend. The live-action film features Lily James and Game of Thrones’ Richard Madden as Ella and Kit respectively.

O’Comedy O’Show

(Friday 8 P.M.)
BC’s Committee for Creative Enactments is putting on a St. Patrick’s Day comedy show this Friday in Fulton 511. Admission is free.

RADIANCE

(Saturday 7 P.M.)
Gear up for St. Patrick’s Day with Boston College’s Irish Dance eighth annual show, Radiance, in Robsham Theater this Saturday. Tickets can be purchased through the Robsham Box Office up until the show.

Run All Night

(Opens Friday)
Hitman Jimmy Conlon (Liam Neeson) must go to every extreme to protect his son, Mike (Joel Kinnaman), from his nefarious former boss, Shawn Maguire (Ed Harris). Rapper Common is also featured.

1980!

(Thursday & Friday)
BC Dance Ensemble is celebrating its origins with an 1980s themed show this weekend. There will be a special performance from Synergy as well. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the Robsham Box Office.

Avatar
About Chris Fuller 166 Articles
Chris is the Arts & Review Editor for The Heights. He is obsessed with 'Star Wars,' The Bee Gees, and funk in general. He tries to live life to its fuller. (Get it?)