Football’s 2024 Matchup Against Mizzou Moved to Arrowhead Stadium

by

Boston College football

In less than a decade, Boston College football will be playing in the world’s loudest stadium. No, not Alumni.

On Wednesday, first-year University of Missouri athletic director Jim Sterk announced that the Tigers’ home game against BC, scheduled for Sept. 14, 2024, will be moved to Arrowhead Stadium—the home of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Given that Kansas City has the potential to draw a larger crowd than a game on campus, Sterk saw the move as a way to bring in more revenue for the program. But this isn’t the first time that Mizzou has tried this. Back in November 2015, the Tigers ventured to Arrowhead to play BYU. Unfortunately for Mizzou, the game didn’t live up to its financial expectations—although a boycott by Tigers players earlier in the week was partly to blame.  

The 2024 meeting will wrap up the home-and-home series that the two schools scheduled last October. The first game of the series, which will be played in Alumni Stadium, is slotted for Sept. 25, 2021.

BC and Mizzou have never suited up against each other on the football field. All-time, the Eagles have only played 28 games against SEC opponents. In those games, BC is just 10-17-1. Interestingly enough, it has the best record against the 16-time National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide (3-1). But, that being said, the Eagles have not played Alabama, or any SEC team for that matter, in this decade. Their last SEC game was on Dec. 31, 2008, when they lost to Vanderbilt, 16-14, in the Music City Bowl.

Andy Backstrom

Andy is the assistant sports editor for The Heights. He is from the suburbs of Philly, but has been an Arizona Cardinals enthusiast since the first grade. Every so often, he'll replay Super Bowl XLIII on Madden to exact revenge on his father's beloved Steelers. You can follow him on Twitter @AndyHeights.