News, Top Story

UPDATE: Patrick Gregorek, MCAS ’19, Dies Suddenly at Seekonk, Mass. Home

Patrick Gregorek, MCAS ’19, died suddenly in his Seekonk, Mass. home yesterday, according to a University release written by Interim Vice President of Student Affairs Joy Moore.

“Patrick was a student in the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences, where he majored in theology and economics,” Moore said. “He was active in the Liturgy Arts Group and the Sons of St. Patrick, and participated in several programs within Campus Ministry.”

Staff from Residential Life and University Mission and Ministry have reached out to Gregorek’s friends and roommates on campus to offer support, according to Moore’s note. She also said that if any student is in need of support, counseling is available through University Counseling Services, and members of Campus Ministry are available to provide aid as well.

“In the coming days, I ask you to look out for one another and to provide support as needed,” Moore said. “We are a loving, caring community, and I know we will be there to help each other through this loss.”

Gregorek’s funeral mass will be celebrated on Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 11:00 AM in Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Taunton Avenue, Seekonk, according to the obituary released by Gregorek’s family. Burial will be in St. Francis Cemetery, Taunton. A wake will be held on Monday from 4-8 PM in the Perry-McStay funeral home at 2555 Pawtucket Avenue, East Providence. In lieu of flowers, Gregorek’s family has asked that donations be made to Boston College’s The Liturgy Arts Group c/o Campus Ministry, McEloroy 233, 140 Commonwealth Ave, Chestnut Hill 02467.

Moore announced in an email that BC will provide transportation to the services for students who would like to attend. Students who would like a seat on the bus should email fiorentk@bc.edu by 10 a.m. on Monday.

Condolences may be sent to his parents, John and Christine Gregorek, at 350 Brown Avenue, Seekonk, MA 02771, according to the University’s official release.

This story will be updated.

Featured Image by Celine Lim / Heights Editor