DaniLeigh to Headline Winter Concert

DaniLeigh—a Dominican-American singer, dancer, and rapper who directed the music video for Prince’s single “Breakfast Can Wait”—will perform at the Campus Activities Board’s (CAB) winter concert, now known as Boston City Limits. The concert will take place on Jan. 25 at 8 p.m. in the Margot Connell Recreation Center, which opened in July. 

Prior to this year, the winter concert was known as Plexapalooza and held in the old Flynn Recreation Complex—widely known as the “Plex”—which was demolished over the summer.

Tickets for Boston City Limits will be available to purchase starting Wednesday at 8 a.m. 

“This year, CAB’s Live Entertainment department was given a blank slate for a new concert; we had full autonomy to come up with something fresh, creative, and exciting,” reads a message posted on the Facebook page for CAB. 

Following months of discussion and planning, the group decided to name the event Boston City Limits and designed it to reach out to communities who “have been traditionally disregarded and silenced,” the statement reads. The theme of this year’s concert will be “Electric Soul.”

“This concert is only one step in a long and important journey towards change and visibility for all communities,” the statement says.

DaniLeigh at Live Nation, courtesy of Justin Higuchi / Wikimedia Commons

DaniLeigh was born in Miami and began dancing and singing at a young age. As an early teenager, she would record videos of herself covering songs and post them on YouTube. 

At age 16, DaniLeigh moved to Los Angeles, where she became more serious about developing a career in the music and dance industry. 

She has been a backup dancer for various well known artists, including Pharell Williams and Nelly Furtado. 

The now 25-year-old artist then decided to focus more on recording and producing music. She released Summer with Friends, her first EP, in 2017 and an album titled The Plan in 2018. 

The Plan includes appearances from famous rappers such as Lil Yachty and YG. 

Today, DaniLeigh is still living in Los Angeles and finds success through combining elements of hip-hop, Latin music, and R&B into her music. 

Featured Image by Justin Higuchi / Wikimedia Commons