BC Names Grant Gosselin Director of Undergraduate Admission

The University has named Grant Gosselin, BC ’97, LGSOE ’02, director of undergraduate admission, effective July 23, according to The Chronicle. He succeeds John Mahoney, who worked in this role for 28 years, and at Boston College for 34. Mahoney was promoted to dean of undergraduate admission and financial aid in March.

Gosselin previously worked at BC as the former senior assistant director of undergraduate admission and associate director of marketing and international admission. With a total of 21 years of experience in undergraduate admissions, he has also worked at Babson College and most recently at Wheaton College as the vice president of enrollment and dean of admission and student aid.

At Wheaton, he oversaw and coordinated the efforts of the Admission, Financial Aid, Student Employment, and Student Accounts staffs, setting historic highs in applications and enrolled students, both domestic and international. He also created the college’s first Faculty Admission Advisory Group, which aimed to enhance yield among accepted students, and the Global Leadership Development Group, which expanded the school’s presence among international students.

In a statement to The Chronicle, Mahoney praised Gosselin for his “innovative leadership” in college admissions.

“He is recognized as one of the top admissions professionals in the country, and his Boston College roots imbued him with a commitment to the values of Jesuit education,” Mahoney said. “I know he is excited to lead his alma mater in these challenging times for higher education.”

Provost and Dean of Faculties David Quigley highlighted Gosselin’s background and qualifications for his new position.

“Grant Gosselin has done great things in undergraduate admission here at his alma mater and over the past decade at Babson and Wheaton,” Quigley said. “He’ll return this summer to lead a strong and experienced team, and I look forward to working closely with him as we position Boston College to attract each year a diverse class of talented young men and women.”

Gosselin told The Chronicle he looked forward to following Mahoney’s legacy and working with him to continue to attract a diverse community. He also noted that he feels “humbled and inspired” to return to BC to lead the office, where he was mentored early in his career by Mahoney.

“My Boston College education transformed my life, and I could not be more thrilled to help shape future generations of BC students and alumni in this new role,” Gosselin said.

Featured Image via The Chronicle

June 19, 2018